Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So I waited and waited …..

Yup, that’s right, I waited and waited and heard nothing.  Then 2 weeks after the interview I got a call.  “Can you start tomorrow?” I’m still shocked.  So Monday I filled out paper work.  Yesterday I worked my first 6 hour shift as a “dental assistant”.  I put it in quotes because that is what I am, however, I have no experience.  I had no idea what I was doing.  And I was trying my hardest not to mess up and not be in the way and be useful.  They want me to come back so I guess I did alright.  Now I need to go to the library and check out a book on dental instruments so that I can memorize all the instruments.  Tomorrow I work a 12 hour shift.  I’m excited and nervous and I hope that I will retain more that yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, I think? I hope all goes well with your new job.

    ReplyDelete