Monday, December 14, 2009

Excited……

So, I had another interview.  Out of the blue, a Dental office called me and asked me to come in this afternoon.  I had applied for a front office position back in September.  I believe that the job was for full time and I only wanted part time, so of course I did not hear from them.   They did, however, keep my resume on file. 

My interview was with one of the dentists.  He asked me the normal questions.  They funniest one was, “What is a domestic engineer?”.  He was serious.  At first I thought he was joking so I asked him if he had one at home.  He looked at me perplexed and said, “I don’t think so, No, seriously what is one?”  I told him it is the same as household management, or SAHM.  He then asked me if I was opposed to working in the back versus the front.  I said, “of course not, that would be fun, exciting!”  I hope I wasn’t too overly enthusiastic.  Can you be in this situation? I would love to train as a dental assistant!  It wouldn’t be just a job, but the makings of a career!!!!!  I can’t get too excited because you never know if someone who is actually qualified will apply. 

But he did say, “ I might have a position for you in the back.”

How can I not be optimistic !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    How did it work out? Have you heard from them yet?

    I guess only we domestic divas know who we are and what we are trained to do. I personally think a domestic engineer has a job more difficult than most. After all the future is in our hands. ; )

    ReplyDelete