Friday, November 20, 2009

Option #2

I named this number 2 because it was my second interview.  My first got me in the door because he liked that I put “domestic engineer” down, but I truly had no medical billing experience, so I think that’s what did me in there.  Now interview #2.  It was for a chiropractor’s assistant job.  I thought it was a long shot, but I figured, so what, if he’s not interested, he just won’t call me.  Well, I got a call within an hour of faxing over my cover letter and resume.  I went to what I thought was an interview- but really a meet and greet and fill out an incredibly long application complete with two essay questions.  That should have told me something there, but I was optimistic.  I got a call a day later setting up an interview .  Then later that night I got a call from the Dr saying that he has had so much response he is going to do phone interviews first.  We talked for about 20 minutes.  Then he called me in for a face to face interview.  He asked me the exact same questions and I gave him the exact same answers.  So that was 3 interviews- actually 4 if you count the initial phone call.  I was extremely hopeful, but at the same time, he came across a bit weird.  Not only that, but some of the questions didn’t make any sense.  So I was beginning to wonder what have got myself in for.  Then I got an email from his new employee stating the position has been filled.  To tell you the truth, I was a bit relieved.  ……… And now for the grand finale………… A month later, I get a message on my cell phone to call him back.  A week ago I saw an ad on craigslist for the same position I interviewed for.  So what do I do?  Do I call him back?  Do I ignore him?  Do I really want to work for him, when the last employee only lasted a month?  I’m sure he is a really nice guy, but at the same time, he struck me as weird kind of guy.  So what do I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment